Mechanical Analyst uses advanced finite element simulation techniques to understand and validate complex engineering problems. With an extensive toolset to enhance productivity and efficiency, Mechanical Analyst is equipped to conduct structural static, dynamic, and thermal simulation of product designs and assemblies within the 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
Fully integrated with both the environment and with the geometry, Mechanical Analyst provides a unique platform to collaborate, simulate, and impact design processes throughout the extended enterprise using state-of-the-art Abaqus simulation technology. On the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, users can easily share models, techniques, methods, meshing and interconnection rules, materials, results, and all other simulation data with their colleagues and other stakeholders throughout the enterprise.
Mechanical Analyst defines simulation models in a seamless, intuitive experience for solution by the proven world-class Abaqus realistic simulation solvers. The toolset provides advanced capability from meshing, model management, scenario definition, execution, results visualization, and report generation, all within a fully immersive, intuitive, and modern user interface within the 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
- Integrated 3DEXPERIENCE provides the ability for design, engineering, and testing to collaborate effectively and efficiently including for transient time dynamic simulations
- Brings simulation out of the expert niche and into the core of the enterprise-wide processes to build better, less expensive, and more desirable products based on simulation-enabled design
- Modern platform with clean, easier to learn, user interface
- Minimizes cost of training and shortens the learning curve of new software by providing a consistent look-and-feel and ease-of-functionality with other capabilities of the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
- Scalability to larger data sets, enabling greater fidelity
- Built to handle the largest possible models and model sizes, including model building, model solution, and result post-processing
- Built-in advanced model management w/ multiple representation support
- Allows efficient and easy switch between various simulation representations without reworking the entire model
- Automatic creation of simulation parameters (for use in Design of Experiments)
- Integrated with the Process management packages within the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
- Advanced, feature based, definition of loads and constraints
- Loads and constraints are described on the design geometry directly
- Industry leading high-performance solution and visualization of very large results data sets
- Built to post-process even the largest models efficiently providing state-of-the art performance
- Provide Product Development and Mechanical Engineers the expert tools needed to perform advanced simulations using best-in-class Abaqus simulation technology
- Provides a unique platform to leverage the value of simulation more widely throughout the enterprise
- Less time spent looking for geometry, part assembly information, fastener data, etc. thanks to the collaborative nature of 3DEXPERIENCE.
- Simulation is managed as a core value of the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform allowing simulation IP to become a true corporate asset, unlike existing standalone Specialist tools
- Improve designs at risk for resonance and other dynamic effects
- Linear load cases and multiple analysis cases for analyzing the response to a wide range of loading conditions
- Combine nonlinear base state with dynamic response for improved vibration prediction
- Fully dynamic transient time simulation within the 3DEXPERIENCE platform
- Workflows such a Drop, Crush, Forming, Shake, and Impact in all industries can be simulated
- High performance results visualization, particularly for very large models
- Enables interrogation of realistic simulation results with speed, clarity, and control on the desktop for enhanced decision making
- High performance visualization tools enable efficient post-processing of largescale simulation data including an option to use remote machines for rendering and visualization computation
Don’t miss our next post in this series where we introduce the Living Heart Human Model (SHH) role!
This post is a continuation in a series about simulation on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform and some of the roles you can find there. This week we are focusing on the Mechanical Analyst Role (SMU) and how it allows the user to leverage advanced finite element simulation techniques to understand and validate complex engineering problems. Missed the first post in this series? No worries! It’s available here.